Utah Tech to Host Innovation Pitch Competition
The two-hour event includes 10-minute pitches from several companies, listed below. The event goes from 1:00 to 3:00pm on November 9th at the Atwood Innovation Plaza on the UTU campus at 453 S 600 E. Saint George, UT 84770.
The sponsors of this year's prize are:
- Gurr Brande & Spendlove, Attorneys sponsoring 1st Place
- Riverwoods Mill and Chris Peterson sponsoring 2nd Place
- Sam and Whitney Clarke sponsoring 3rd Place
This year, the following five Southern Utah-based startups will pitch their innovations:
- BlessUp: Using software to remove the stress of creating the perfect wedding experience.
- StoryWave: StoryWave combines modern tech with one of the oldest traditions on the planet, storytelling. With resources for creators and consumers, StoryWave has the next story waiting.
- Glove Butler: In the medical industry, cleanliness is king and surgical gloves are key. Glove Butler provides a way for health professionals to keep their hands sanitary and reduce medical waste.
- Cucumber Pickleball Paddle: Whether complying to park regulations or just being a good neighbor, this paddle will help to make pickleball quieter (a growing concern among neighbors of pickleball courts)
- RV-De-Fender: An add-on that fits into the RV wheel wells to provide protection from tire blowouts.