13th Annual Women Tech Awards
The 13th Annual Women Tech Awards hosted by the Women Technology Council (WTC) will take place live at Thanksgiving Point (in the Show Barn) on October 28th, 2020 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM MDT. Everyone in the technology industry is invited to watch live by participating in a virtual watch party.
The program will recognize extraordinary talent, impact and innovation from women in Utah's technology scene. The Women Tech Awards provide a platform that builds, extends and amplifies female talent in technology.
“In 2020, a year with much uncertainty, what is certain is that these women are making a difference.” says Cydni Tetro, president of WTC. “The 2020 finalists are creating lasting impact as innovators, strategists, leaders and activators. They are powerful, remarkable and talented. Learning about them enables us to elevate our vision of what’s possible, what’s needed, and what we can each do to be part in creating positive impact in the world around us.”
For 13 years, the Women Tech Awards have celebrated the contributions, innovations and leadership of Utah's women in tech. This recognition and visibility has propelled the success of these women, advanced their careers and organizations, and inspired others to pursue their passions and become positive forces for change and innovation.
Each 2020 finalist was nominated for their professional accomplishments, personal achievements, business leadership and industry experience. Within their respective role and organization, each is driving innovation, creating new technologies, impacting technology companies and inspiring the tech community. Judging for the awards was conducted by a panel of technology leaders from throughout the community.
The 2020 Women Tech Award finalists are listed alphabetically by first name:
- Aimee Smith—Manager Enterprise Architecture, Zions Bancorporation
- Bonnie Uresk—Program Manager Satellite Avionics, Space Dynamics Laboratory
- Christine Thayer—Senior Process Engineer, Micron Technology
- Dana Ardovino—Consultant, Global Communications and Operations Lead
- Debi Mofford—Senior Vice President of IT and CIO, WCF Insurance
- Elke Leeds, PhD—Dean and Academic Vice President, College of Information Technology, Western Governors University
- Erica Cuttitta—Director of Profile and Shared Services, Pluralsight
- Heather Kirkby—Chief People Officer, Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Ishita Majumdar—VP, Analytics Platform & Product Management, eBay
- Karoline Pershell, PhD—COO and Director of Strategy and Evaluation, Service Robotics and Technologies
- Kathleen Merkley—Senior Vice President - Clinical Improvement Services, Health Catalyst
- Kristiane Koontz—EVP, Director of Banking Transformation Zions Bancorporation
- Linda Klug—Founder and CEO, Airin
- Lisa Kimball—SVP, Product and Strategic Programs, Finicity
- Margo Georgiadis—President & CEO, Ancestry
- Qun (Maxine) Liu—Senior Director, Partner Engagement, Health Catalyst
- Melissa Bueno Hamilton—Director, Elementary Teaching and Learning, Murray City School District
- Misty Frost—CEO, Carrus
- Rebecca Whitehead—Chief Technology Officer, HealthEquity
- Seraphine Kapsandoy-Jones, PhD, RN—Chief Clinical Information Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
- Steffanie Nestor—Data Security Engineer, MX
- Vandana Sharma—Senior Manager, Oracle
- Wendy Steinle—Senior Director and Site Leader, Adobe
Award recipients will be announced on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020 at Thanksgiving Point. During this celebration, awards will be presented by Ancestry, Dell Technologies, Domo, HealthCatalyst, In The Event, Pelion Venture Partners, Pure Storage and Vivint Smart Home. This year’s finalists are visionaries, innovators and inspiring leaders.
Register to Attend the 13th Annual Women Tech Awards by clicking here.