Diverse-Owned Business Accelerator Application Deadline Monday
The Salt Lake Chamber and the Women’s Business Center of Utah are accepting final applications for its Diverse-Owned Business Accelerator this Monday, February 6th, 2023. The seven-week cohort program, sponsored by Bank of America, is designed for diverse small business owners to enhance skills, direction or strategy for their businesses.
By taking this course, attendees will become more efficient, effective and successful by learning and doing the following:
- Design and niche their business to be more competitive and outline a roadmap with milestones toward their business strategy.
- Construct and utilize a brand style guide for consistency in brand and effective marketing.
- Clarify their revenue streams and COGS/fixed expenses and identify their break-even point and then confidently adjust pricing and sales goals.
- Systematize and automate processes and create a list of outsourcing options.
- Establish a 90-Day action plan to make progress toward your business strategy.
The Diverse-Owned Business Accelerator will provide a peer-to-peer environment, mastermind groups for support and accountability and weekly project assignments which are immediately implementable into their businesses.
- Size of group: 25-30 people
- Training Schedule:
- February 16, 2023 - March 30, 2023
- Four hours per week for seven weeks
- Weekly Sessions: Thursdays, 9:00 - 10:30 am in-person training (10:30 - 11:00 am, one-on-one assistance)
- Weekly Mastermind Meetings: TBD (set by each group)
In-person lessons will be held at Salt Lake Community College West Valley Center (3460 S 5600 W, West Valley City) with mastermind meetings held virtually via Zoom.
All accepted applicants participate at no financial cost, courtesy a generous grant from Bank of America (actual value: $5,000 per person).
The firm application deadline is February 6, 2023, 5:00 p.m. MST
Applications will be reviewed and applicants notified whether they were accepted or not by February 10, 2023. Apply here.